SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

Tiny vintage powder room needs something

DYH
8 years ago

My 1939 powder room is TINY! The sink was here and I added a polished nickel faucet to fit. Removed the vinyl floor and had hex marble installed. My carpenter took paneling from where he widened the dining room openings and made wainscot where horrible broken, dingy square tiles had been. The upper walls and ceiling are plaster, repaired.

The old 19xx roll-up shade will go--my carpenters temporarily tacked it back up after painting the window.

The light fixture is new, Livex with seeded glass (took it down and cleaned it after this photo).

I'm just now able to use it since the renovation and something's not working. Maybe it's because I had a fabulous powder room in my previous home!

Not sure if I like the SW Tidewater (which is awesome in my upstairs bath and my laundry room) walls and ceiling with the white wainscot.

Should I paint the wainscot in Tidewater, too? I hate to pay to have the entire powder room repainted, but maybe another color that goes with this house?

The powder room is in a tiny hallway between the living room and the sitting area (that used to be the old kitchen),

Thanks!

I can't even get in there to take good photos! Panorama attempt:

Close-up of marble floor:

Pottery Barn mirror was the only one I could find that was narrow enough to fit over the 18" wide original sink. There was no good place to hang the towel ring. It looked odd under the window.

I cleaned the Livex fixture after taking this--it was full of dust from the construction!

Comments (39)