SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Please help with lighting and mirror for this tiny powder room

juddgirl2
16 years ago

My DH is installing all the electrical for our new addition and just told me that I have to choose lighting for the powder room by next week! If not the fixtures themselves, at least whether I want two sconces on each wall adjacent to the vanity or just one over the mirror (which I also haven't picked out!) I also need to figure out if I want an overhead fixture plus a fan or just a fan/light combo fixture.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type of lighting and mirror would work well with my vanity/vessel sink in this tiny powder room? I was thinking a round mirror and perhaps sconces on each wall next to the vanity wall, but perhaps a different combination would work better?

Also, what type of finish for the light fixtures? I'm using an antique cabinet that appears to be a dark mahogany, a copper vessel sink (thanks for the referral igloochic!), Danze ORB wall-mounted faucet, and matching Danze ORB accessories.

Also, any suggestions on an attractive fan/light fixture?

If anyone is thinking that the powder room might be too small for this vanity, it is! It's 6 1/2' x 38" now, but was originally much longer - until we found out that a mistake in the building plans put our new powder room smack dab in the middle of our new expanded living room. All the plumbing that you see in the photos needs to be moved over - they just broke up our brand new foundation to do this. On the upside - I have a HUGE utility closet on the other side of the hallway :-)

I'm definitely open to comments that this vanity just won't work in the space and I should look for something else. The only problem is we want storage and the sink is approx. 14" x 19" wide, so a smaller vanity might not work.

I was intending to extend the hardwood flooring into the room, so hopefully this won't close the room up even more. Maybe if I paint the walls a pale color it will open things up a bit? I've also changed the door swing from out to in, so that should allow for more space.

vanity (30" tall x 19" deep x 33" wide)

top of vanity to 8' ceiling

looking in from doorway

other side of room (toilet side)

copper vessel sink

wall-mounted sink

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES