SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

LOTS of leftover crab dip

bbstx
7 years ago

For a party yesterday, I made crab dip and doubled the recipe. It was supposed to be molded in a bowl then turned out on a platter. The mold wouldn't hold its shape, so 2/3 of the dip stayed in the fridge, while the other 1/3 was put out as a spread. Now I have at least 1 1/2 cups of leftover crab dip.

For those of you worried about food safety, the dip/spread that was put out was pitched. I'm only working with ingredients that have been kept refrigerated.

The ingredients are crabmeat, cream cheese, mayo, finely chopped onion, a little Worcestershire sauce, some lemon juice, and a bit of garlic powder.

As one of my guests was leaving, she suggested that I turn the leftover crab dip into a crab meat casserole. Sounds great, but how?

Would I be better off just freezing the dip, then serving it as hot dip later? If so, would you make any additions, like cheese?

I hate to throw it away, but I'm stymied.

P.S. I have the following ingredients on hand: Frozen artichoke hearts; frozen spinach; white Cheddar; Parm; feta; about 2 oz of Stilton. I'm fresh out of sour cream but I'm loaded with cream cheese and cottage cheese. I also have dried bread crumbs made from whizzing some Fresh Market toast rounds in the food processor. They are not flavored but they are buttery.

What are you thoughts?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH