SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabetheva

Bright or cool white woven blinds

EvaElizabeth
7 years ago

I just moved into a new house and all of the walls and trim are a very bright, cool white. I love it, and I really like the idea of layering different textures of the same bright white with window treatments. I thought I wanted shutters, which is what we had in our old house. Suddenly I'm starting to think I want something different. The style of shutters we had before are pretty clean, with wide louvres with hidden bars, but interior shutters in general are pretty traditional, and I just want some new ideas.

I really like the idea of a white woven shade. I don't want roman shades because I think I want the texture with the white on white. Most of what I can find online in terms of white woven shades appear to be more of an off white, and I'm thinking the light filtering through might make them look yellow or cream. I really don't want that. I have the same concern with the white panels I want to hang by the patio door. With the curtain panels I can always return them if the color is off, but not so much with woven blinds. A couple of places have samples, but my assumption is they're going to be pretty small. Anyone done something like this and have any suggestions? Can woven blinds be touched up with paint at all, or will that make them more opaque? I assume they're already opaque and the light filters between the cracks, but I've never had them before so I'm not really sure.

Comments (8)