SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_2754028

Color scheme advice for Master bath; warm/cool combo

User
7 years ago

This is a remodel of a Master bath that is 10'5" x 15'. We have decided on the layout. Now I have to choose the materials and colors. I want it to be like the beach, but grown-up Master bath style. When you go to the beach you see: white sand, soft blue-grey sky, tan shells and grey/brownish driftwood. I want it light and bright, and I like cool paint colors like grey-blue for the walls and probably soft-white cabinets. I'll probably choose a light granite such as River White. But I don't want it to be too cold; I want to incorporate some warm/wood elements as a contrast. We are keeping the wood floor, so there's a warm element already there. And we are not doing a totally glass shower (there will be a wall), so I think that helps for warmth because there won't be so much glass. There will be a large storage cabinet which will be a focal point so perhaps it would be nice to stain that instead of painting. I'm also open to doing a wooden tub surround and/or skirt. I need some ideas and maybe some pictures. I've looked on Houzz and there are some nice pics, but when I search for warm/wooden element the rooms are too dark. I'm trying to make it maybe 80% cool / 20% warm. Thanks for all advice offered.

Comments (7)