SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pwlw

Need help with TV placement in family room

Paul Woodford
7 years ago

Our family room has only one solid wall. The room is a rectangle that is entered from the kitchen, the opposite end has a fireplace that is flanked by two windows. The solid wall is to the right and left wall has a large opening to a sunroom. The TV is currently on a corner cabinet on the left of the fireplace and partially covers the window. I am well aware of the multiple posts from designers sharing their dislike for TV's over the fireplace and I used to agree, but I see no alternative. I am looking to have the fireplace built out a few inches as the wall is currently flush with the windows. This will enable me to conceal the TV. I am also trying to place the TV as low as possible while staying within building code and heat safety. I feel like this will give me more options for furniture placement in the room as well. Once it is done, we would purchase entirely different furniture. Please provide any advice or suggestions. I am open to suggestions for the TV placement aside from the fireplace, but have thought about it for a few years and cannot come up with another alternative. My wife wants to be able to look out at the sunroom, we have opening on two other sides... I am at a loss. (the pictures are taken from the eating area in the kitchen)

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida