SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Eyeglasses - Help me with choices and etiquette?

Funkyart
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

As you may know from my other thread, I am on a mission to choose frames for three glasses-- near/computer/reading vision, distance and sunglasses. I am trying to quickly make some decisions on frames despite the *very* limited hours of my two favorite opticians. The longer my selections take.. the longer I wait to see if lenses are going to fix me up so I thought I'd seek some input from you guys!

So my first question is tortoise for both (LOVE tortoise) or do I go black or blue for the second pair? I do wear a LOT of black but somehow on my face, I worry that it is too severe..

Photos are crappy but the first is tortoise (with tiffany blue stems), second are black, third.. obviously blue lol (but the style comes in black also) . One more note: my hair is much lighter than normal at the moment and normally more variegated (we thought we could wait a visit to add low lights and miscalculated!)

My sunglasses are matte black. This choice is solid. I just don't have the energy to look for something else and I love them.

Second question: I can get ALL of my choices on ebay for 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the store. I know my sizes so that's not a concern. All sellers have high ratings and will accept returns. The problem is.. my local shop is a small, independently owned business, a place I do a fair amount of purchasing (jewelry, watches, glasses) and the optician has spent a LOT of personal time with me. She's been a real doll. I feel very guilty even considering buying somewhere else. Still. We're talking over $500 across all three.

WWYD?

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!