SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

Replacing this pan...with what?

sooz
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

One of my favorite pans is a 12" wide by 2.5" deep, 5 quart Calphalon pan. I only use wood or plastic on this pan (and I use them gently), so as to preserve the non-stick surface. I hand wash this with a soft cotton washcloth and it has never seen the inside of a dishwasher, nor has it been ever over high heat. I don't really remember how long I've had and used this pan.

The non-stick coating is wearing off in the center. I do NOT and have not used any kind of a spray coating like Pam on it ever.

This is the second Calphalon pan that has had this same issue with the non-stick coating--click on the photo and you'll be able to see it better. The other pan with the same issues was an omelet pan that Calphalon replaced after I paid the $$ postage to send the omelet pan back to them so they could look at it and decide that it was a manufacturer's defect. I was not reimbursed for the postage to send the defective pan to them.

Any suggestions for a replacement pan that hopefully will last? I really do like the non-stick coating, the size of the pan, and the handles.

Thanks!

Smiles,

Sooz

Comments (14)