SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildernesthomestead

Review/Artwork Suggestions for Future Bathroom

Kelsey Janak
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello!

My fiance and I recently purchased 6 acres of wilderness (called Wildernest!) in MA to build our first and hopefully only home on by this time next year. We currently do not have kids, but are planning on our first within the next 2-3 years and may have another.

While we pretty much know our floorplan, I'm still waiting to hear back from our builder (fiance's grandfather) with the updated version that has my most recent changes and his measurements. I know this is SUPER early to start planning decor and interior design, but I can't help myself haha.

I also want to be able to buy things for the next year when there are sales so it doesn't hit us all at once and we're not living in an unfurnished home for a while.

That being said, I started small and took a stab at our main floor powder room. We know it will have a toilet, a vanity sink and a window. Vey simple, basic powder room.

I attached a "design board" that I mocked up with what I want to do. It was planned completely around the vanity, which I am head over heels in love with. The color palette is along the bottom. The wall color is the beige circle and the floor is the honeycomb white tile.

I tend to forget about walls and how I can hang things on them, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what I can spruce them up with that will match the color scheme and overall design. Something not crazy expensive (like well under $100, but feel free to show me more expensive stuff that I can recreate myself; I am an illustrator/designer).

Also, I may be a web/graphic designer, but I am no interior designer, so if these things are actually horrible together please let me know. Just be gentle :)

I would like to add that our entire house aside from the bathrooms will be hardwood floors, so I'm actually loving this too for the floor, if people think it's better.

Comments (12)