SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
treasuretheday

What style of art would you choose for my masterbath?

treasuretheday
11 years ago

Our masterbath was designed to have a TV at one end of the tub and a gas fireplace at the other. After a nearly year-long overbudget reno, my husband nixed the gas fireplace and we bought a tabletop firepit instead. Someday I hope to get my gas fireplace but, in the meantime, the wall needs some art. It's the only real place for art in the room so I am hoping for something in keeping with the style of the room (whatever that is!) that speaks to us and hopefully brings in our accent colors, dark purple and a tawny gold.

The wall area I'm working with is 40"w x 53"h. Eventually there will be a valance over the windows but I'd like to decide on art before committing to a fabric.

I've included a link to my reveal post with more pictures of the elements in the room. I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me how you would describe the style of the room. Art is so subjective, of course, but I'd welcome any suggestions for art subjects, style, etc. just to get us started. Art.com, Etsy, etc. are great but very overwhelming if you don't have a clue what you're looking for! I was planning to go with a stretched canvas so I wouldn't have to worry about moisture affecting a framed piece.

I really appreciate any input and suggestions!

Here is a link that might be useful: Masterbath reveal post with many pictures

Comments (35)