SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Zucchini season....

annie1992
7 years ago

It seems like here in Michigan we wait and we wait and then suddenly, we have more fresh vegetables than we can possibly eat. I've canned 32 quarts of green beans and have more to pick tomorrow. I've been eating SunGold tomatoes, but now am finally picking a few ripe Mortgage Lifters, I'm waiting on the Great Whites. I've eaten cucumbers in every way imaginable and still have a bucket on the porch. And then there's this.....

I've canned 15 pints of those Red Hot Cinnamon Zucchini Pickles, and grated and froze 8 quarts of zucchini for bread later. I've made 4 batches of the zucchini candy, two black cherry and two blue raspberry lemonade:

We've had Sol's zucchini pancakes more than once...

Tonight for supper I made a zucchini and onion "pie", but I think it would be better with leeks, which I do have in the garden. I topped it with slices of one of my first Mortgage Lifters.

We had pineapple zucchini bread and the "pineapple" was the zucchini pineapple I made and canned last year, so double zucchini!

I even made zucchini meatballs for the freezer. They weren't bad, stuffed into a pita and topped with tzatziki....

So, what are you so completely over-run with that you are racking your brain for new ideas? It was cucumbers last week, it'll be tomatoes next. I can hardly wait!

Annie

Comments (24)