SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedward11

Pictures of seedlings/Adeniums from Tracy... So Happy!

I haven't had time to post these, but y'all were so great giving me Tracy's information, I wanted to show you my first foray into what I see as habit forming! My mother and I both fell in love with an Adenium we saw at Howard's flea market in Homosassa, FL. I bought one for her and one for myself, and then I bought another a couple of weeks later (same seller) that ended up being 3 plants in the one pot. Talk about excited!! The more I looked online, the more I fell in love with the different varieties.

I'm not a gardener! I have a decent landscape, but last year I obtained some cuttings of Plumerias, and my descent into propagating/collecting began. I then purchased an Brugmansia Angel Trumpet, and it just continued...lol. I started doing cuttings, and took my mother one, which absolutely loved her garage over winter - it bloomed throughout the entire season. I've been envious, as her's has just continued to grow, while mine has been very wimpy.

So, back to the Adeniums... I potted an $8 Red one about 6 weeks ago, and it has grown like wildfire. I wasn't sure how it would bloom, because after the first set of blooms finished, it just stopped budding out. It is now blooming again. Two weeks ago, I bought the $30 Adenium, and last Sunday I had time to repot it....Much to my surprise, there were three plants in the pot. I was so excited, but didn't have the pots, so one ended up back in the 7gallon pot it came in. The largest one from that threesome has had a reckoning all week. I tried to keep as much of the caudex up out of the soil, but the rain/wind here this week keeps blowing it over. I just went out and pushed it down into the soil further!

Now, the part my title is about ----> Tracy shipped me an Emerald Crown and a Big F. I didn't have time to get the cactus mix, so they languished for just over a week. Last Sunday (7/17/2016) I planted them. They are outside in full sun and seem to be doing well. I did have some brown leaves on the Emerald Crown, but that is my fault for not doing what needed being done. (These were ordered as a gift for my mother, but........ ) The surprise in my box was 10 seeds... 5 red and 5 pink.... I sowed those on Sunday also. As of this afternoon, I have 3 pink and 2 red that have busted through the soil.... talk about a happy camper!! They all had little brown hats on them that I just removed. I guess that is a type of skin on the seeds. Hopefully, I can upload these pics correctly :-)

Emerald Crown planted 7/17/2016

Big F planted 7/17/2016

Adenium Pink sowed 7/17/2016 - 3 are up so far

Adenium Red sowed 7/17/2016 - 2 are up so far

$8 Adenium from flea market

$30 Adenium that was three plants - biggest one that has had a hard time

2nd part of $30 Adenium

3rd part of $30 Adenium - ran out of pots - it's back in the 7gallon pot it came in

Plumeria cutting from about a year ago

Plumeria Seedlings from a cutting I gave my mother a year ago..It had a seed pod on it when I took it to her and I didn't even notice! Mine are doing much better than hers for some reason (except for one that toppled today)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH