SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sushipup1

Talk to me about wrinkling, please

sushipup1
7 years ago

Our old house had an 18 yr old Whirlpool TL, pure old school. And a matching dryer. Mid-range, I guess. Since we sold that house. we have been in a furnished place with a GE HE-type small washing machine and dryer, and now in this new-to-us house with GE HE TL (I am learning the language) washer with no center post, and matching dyer that I hate. Dryer has no off switch for the buzzer, which keeps going off. On a Cotton setting (towels and jeans) the buzzer goes off and dryer stops when contents are still quite wet; on easy-care or perm-press, things are still very damp.

I do not iron. Period. The permanent press clothes that came out of the old Whirlpool machines were hung up immediately, and looked great. The exact same clothes that come out of these GE machines look like they've been crumpled up on the floor of the closet for months.

Did I say that I do not iron?

Way back about 2001 when I was doing a kitchen remodel, the old advice was "friends don't let friends buy GE". Is that my problem? Would a new Whirlpool mid-level TL machine solve my problems?

Comments (36)