SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soonermagicmama

Talk to me about bedding, please

soonermagicmama
9 years ago

Nearing the end of a whole house renovation on a lovely new to us 1930s home. We'll be moving from a queen to king bed, so have opportunity for complete bedding overhaul.

Think I'm on the right track. Here's what I have assembled this far.
- Casper mattress
- rough linen bed makeover, Orkney natural duvet cover, smooth linen sheet and slips, Orkney bolsters

Here's what's remaining. Would appreciate recommendations of products and where to shop

- mattress pad - thinking wool after reading a bit about that here (there's a recent post on this with good sources I'm checking out). My 5 and 2 year old still share our bed on occasion and the 2 year old isn't out of diapers so do think I need a waterproof somethg or other.
- down comforter. I've only ever bought these at bed bath & beyond and could use an education about what I should be shopping for re quality etc. would like to find an intersection of quality and value. Also want to find one large enough to stuff the rough linen king duvet. Tricia recommends finding comforter larger than duvet but I'm not finding one that large on length.
- pillows to sleep on. I prefer down. Hubby prefers Temperpedic. Am intrigued by discussions on GW about latex pillows.
- pillows to fill bolsters and shams.

Also redoing the little guys' beds. Going w matching twins for them. Want comfort and value here on sheets and down comforter.

Many thanks for your thoughts. I know bedding is a highly personal decision but I do glean info and insight on your experiences and recommendations.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH