SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
interrobanged

What to do about a really, really crappy lawn

interrobanged
7 years ago

So I'm just not sure what to do about one of our side yards. Our house backs up to a conservancy and there are tons of very mature, tall trees all around the house; consequently, that side yard gets partial sun at BEST. It doesn't appear that any owner has ever really cared for the yard (or at least not that I can tell) so tons of weeds grow there, grass really doesn't establish itself, and it looks really crappy.

Has anyone dealt with this? It's a pretty large expanse of land and I'm just not sure what to do with it. I doubt grass will ever grow there because of the lighting conditions. If I could get a ground cover (vinca?) to establish itself, that would be phenomenal. But the issue is that there are SO many weeds and junks plants in there that I think they would just kill the ground cover before it could really do anything.

Anyway, any thoughts would be helpful. I don't necessarily want a lawn there but I do want it to look at least put together and not like we don't care about the yard (which is how it currently looks). Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)