SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabethk1

OMG, I see spikes! I do, I really, really do!

Having just read a post where everyone was sooo excited that their plants were beginning to spike outdoors (and mine were not), I went outside to inspect them all. My phal type dends have spikes!!!! Some are getting pretty tall, some are just starting --- but they are there!!! Okay, I'm so exicted, but I'm terrified that the spikes won't make it. Do I continue to leave them outside until just before the first frost? Do I take them inside now??? Water --the same as usual???? What about the Catts --- I don 't see any spikes at all. Sigh. Should they be spiking now, or will they spike once they come inside for the winter?? At long last, I have done something right. Thank you, thank you, thank you - Howard (for identifying them and coaching me), jane, orchid126, methabil, and all the rest of you who have helped me. To think, I was going to throw them away last winter! I am soo glad that I didn't and instead followed the advice on this great forum!!! Liz PS Now I don't have to buy any new plants (that I can't afford, anyway). I can take care of these and watch them bloooooom!!!

Comments (4)