SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dan_fletcher46

Need advice for an overgrown hillside

Dan Fletcher
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

So I moved into a new apartment and I'm in charge of taking care of the yard work. Most of it isn't bad to take care of but this is the first place I've lived in that I had to do any of this kind of stuff. There's a hillside in the front, I'd say about 50 feet long and maybe 6 feet wide, that goes that length of my yard. The previous tenants apparently did not bother with it at all. It's terribly overgrown with weeds, thorns, and some pretty thick ones at that. Like I said, this is the first place I've had to take care of the yard so I don't have too many tools at my disposal, a lawnmower, an electric trimmer and some loppers are really what I have to work with. I've tried using the trimmer and it barely cuts down anything in there. I haven't tried the lawnmower but I don't think I'll have much luck with that. Any recommendations on what I should use as well as how to prevent it all from growing back? Since I'm just renting I don't want to throw too much money at it but it really is quite an eyesore.

Comments (4)