SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
namarie

Help with foyer/interior door color

namarie
7 years ago

You guys have helped me with several decorating decisions on our new house. I have what I hope to be the last one for a while.

Our new house is a modern three story townhouse. The bottom floor is essentially just a long hall to the stairs plus a guest room and bathroom. The flooring is polished concrete on this floor. We want to keep it light and clean-looking and have painted one wall with horizontal stripes on the gray wall and accented it with some of our black and white photographs, but it's lacking some pizazz. I would like to bring in some color via the inside of the two glass exterior doors. Navy and orange are frequently used in different rooms throughout the house so I had been planning to use orange but now I'm chickening out and thought I'd see if anyone has any Thoughts on whether to do navy (likely Ben Moore Old Navy) or knows of a good orange paint color that wouldn't be too garish.

Here is the hallway (there are glass doors at each end that I'm looking to paint) and the guest room off of it plus a picture of our living room upstairs so you have an idea of our other colors.

Finally, I should mention that my husband is really against the idea of a rug in the hallway.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!