SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebell66

Sad Master Bedroom

Bluebell66
7 years ago

I am at my wits' end. We moved into our new (to us) home last fall. I kid you not, I probably have auditioned a dozen bedding ideas lately. I'm getting tired of returning stuff to the stores! I have been unable to make anything work with the big, black, upholstered headboard. The previous owner had it custom made, and didn't take it when they moved as they were downsizing and moving into a condo. We'd like to make it work, but I need some direction, please, as to bedding. Everything I've tried seem so disconnected with the hardboard, and the King size of the be makes certain bedding seem so massive. I tend to like blue, green and white, and the combinations that I've tried just haven't seemed to work with the black. I would like to use the blue shams if possible, and I know the white quilt doesn't work on its own, but I'm having trouble figuring out what does work. Does anyone have any ideas, words of wisdom or direction for me? I plan to repaint the walls after I select my bedding. Depending on which way I go with the bedding and wills, I will either paint the nightstand or get new ones. (And eventually will get rid of bench, as I know it doesn't go, and I need bigger king pillows to fill my blue shams, if I keep using them. I have a box spring cover on order. Lamps can be replaced.) Thanks!

Comments (36)