SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emilia_m

Help with kitchen layout and appliances needed!

Em J
7 years ago

Kitchen · More Info

Hi everyone! I'm working on my kitchen design and getting a little crazy :). I would really appreciate some feedback. The current plan for the kitchen is a U-shape, with a wall of cabinets opposite to the open part of the U, with the fridge in the middle of the wall. Sink is under the window on the exterior wall, DW to the left of it, and cooktop on the inside of the U. The peninsula with overhang countertop would face open my living room.

My little concern is the placement of the cooktop - currently 12 inches from the right corner (leaving 42 inches to the left for prep), and I'm wondering if i should leave it there or - my architect's preference, place the cooktop in the middle. That would be more symmetric, just wondering about optimal prep space. For now, i was thinking to put upper cabs only on the left of the cooktop hood, and an open shelf to the right.

Appliances - I'm planning 36 inch Wolf induction, Liebherr fridge (got good prices on both), Bosch wall and speed ovens to the left of the fridge. Still undecided on DW(possibly Bosch 800) and hood (here, no clue yet, looking for something quiet, wall with cooktop is exterior so should be easy to vent).

Any feedback, comments and critique would be most welcome! (My computer is acting up so I can only post a basic plan, sorry about that.)

Comments (23)