SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa7242

Advantium speed oven + Bosch Benchmark swing door wall oven?

lisa7242
7 years ago

After 24 years, I am delighted to be renovating my kitchen - new cabinets, tile, and several appliances. For appliances we will be purchasing a wall oven, a speed oven, and an induction cook surface to replace a 16 year old GE Profile convection range with glass cook top, and a similarly aged Whirlpool over the range microwave.

We do not have a large kitchen, and based on the many hands in our kitchen, I do not want an oven under my cook surface. As a result, the wall oven and speed oven will be placed stacked, with the speed oven over the wall oven. We will have a basic countertop microwave (on a microwave shelf), as well as a toaster.

In terms of speed ovens, the reviews I read overwhelmingly point me to the GE Advantium 240. My dilemma is with installing it over our wall oven choice - the Bosch Benchmark right swing door wall oven. Due to a family member's physical disability (use of only one hand) that is the wall oven for us.

Yes, I could put the Advantium over the Bosch with obvious visual disparities. For less of a visual difference, including being able to flush mount the speed oven, I could upgrade the Advantium from the Profile to the Monogram. That said, it is a whole lot of money just to make the two look more similar, but still not hit the mark. Monogram $3200 > GE Profile $2300 > Bosch Benchmark $1800.

For the beauty of it all, and saving money, will I be disappointed in the Bosch Benchmark speed oven? From reviews I have read, those that have the Bosch are overwhelmingly happy with it...is that because they have never used an Advantium and don't know what they are missing? I am in the "never ever speed oven" category, so I expect if I didn't know the Advantium existed I would likely be thrilled with the Bosch...but I do know it exists, hence the dilemma.

Would appreciate insight into what others have recently done in a similar situation.

Comments (12)