SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollydog007

Suggestions for neutral "taupe" paint colors?

mollydog007
8 years ago

Hi, I'm going to be listing my home for sale in the next 6 months and feel like I should change the living room and dining room paint colors to a more neutral, "buyer friendly" color. I have distressed wood floors and was thinking a nice, light, almost taupe leaning color would be nice. So like between a tan and a gray? I'm not partial to all the gray you see on HGTV right now (I'm not so sure it would look good with my wood floors anyway) and a cream is boring. I can see the color in my minds eye but I've been to too many places to get little paint chip samples at this point and am on overload. A light color with just a little something in it. I'll paint the living room, dining room and up the stairs in this new color.

If it matters, I live in Southern California and my trim color is Decorator White from Behr. The other color I mostly decorate with is a light blue in fabrics etc. if that matters.

I'm wanting a color that buyers will flip over. So if you have any insights about that, please, let me hear them.

Thanks for your time and help!!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations