SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joy_holley

Changing interior paint from taupe/gray to beige. Suggestions please?

Joy Holley
3 years ago

My home is a country traditional home with linen siding, black shutters, and a front porch. Many of my furnishings are heirlooms of wood, oak, cherry, walnut and two Persian rugs 8X12 and 11 X 16. The rug's primary colors are cream, red, and navy with many other colors. I'm ready to paint and need to change my twenty-year-old taupe walls to another color throughout the home. The living room has two small south-facing windows and poor lighting. It's a dungeon! The foyer joins the living room. The dining room has four windows facing north and south overlooking the golf course and our yard. The kitchen joins the dining room in which both have good lighting. The kitchen has oak cabinets that I could resurface or paint. The kitchen has creamy white tile backsplash and a neutral tile floor which I will keep. I would appreciate your help in selecting a paint color and a hardwood floor color. I plan to get new hardwood floors throughout. The whole interior of the house will be painted but the lighting, paint color with the rugs are my dilemmas. Should I put the large rug in my master bedroom? The living room and master bedroom are 14.5 x20 ft. Thank you.

Comments (7)