SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gopintos_gw

Suggestions for interior of new construction PLEASE :-)

gopintos
14 years ago

I am trying to stay one step ahead in our build, so thought I would try to seriously focus on interior paint color.

I kind of figured the whole house one color ---

Then was thinking each level it's own color ----

But now since I know the color scheme in each room, maybe I should branch out a little more?

I was going for warm and inviting. My exterior choices have names like Autumn Blend, Autumn Taupe, Khaki... you get the idea :-)

I figured the main floor would be something taupe-y. Something that says welcome home, come in out of the rest of the world and take a load off. The flooring on this floor is called Warm Nutmeg Pecan, however the master suite is darker almost like a Wenge. It is called Dark Couvertury Maple.

The upstairs, was thinking something in a light grey. The entire floor is darker called Dark Swiss Truffle Hickory. It has a vaulted family room with an large sectional in a tan :-?

The lower level, thought about getting a little more creative. Maybe a burgandy-maroon-y of some sort up part way, and then some sort of tan the rest of the way. Maybe even a black accent of some sort between the two. The flooring is Treehill Oak.

Is this enough info or would more of the color scheme be helpful? Should I keep it more simple and do each level it's own color? Or would you individualize a few of the spaces like the bedrooms?

I know I dont want any loud or bold colors. I want to keep this calm and relaxing.... except maybe the exercise room could use a more energetic splash of color? It is on the lower level. Everything else, I want peace and harmony :-) I guess that is why I was thinking one color on each floor, more continuity, easier flow from one room to the next. But I am not opposed to adding color to the bedrooms, I just dont want to over do it and break the positive flow of energy and harmony.

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Build in Pictures

Comments (2)