SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrie0927

Please Help me save my DR

8 years ago

So here's the novel...

I got my first DR in the spring of 2014. It was just a plant with leaves. It grew great and bloomed quickly. I fell in love with the plant and wanted another but they are not available year round. My husband, after looking at my new strange plant was pretty sure there was a DR at his office that no one claimed but it was given small amounts of water every couple days. He brought it home late summer, and it was a DR with about 3 small healthy leaves. I treated both DR's exactly the same as one was small and blooming and the other was huge and hardly growing. They got water on the same days and fertilized in the spring of 2015.

Then, in 2015 I was rewarded. This was my original DR

And this was my husbands office DR

Later that summer the office rose bloomed

But you can see the ends of the leaves were still crispy for some reason.

Well, this year I have a problem. I brought my DR's in over the winter and gave a sunny window and sparing water cuz even winter in Arizona is dry. The original DR lost a lot of leaves, but still grew a few, while the office DR grew like crazy. As it started to warm up this year, I would slowly acclimate the plants to the outdoors and finally put them out for good. Original DR has done great.

Office DR leaves turned reddish yellow and all old leaves have fallen off. It had little new growth the first two weeks of being outside and has since stopped growing completely and lost all but a few leaves.

Also, the base looks whithered

I was worried I over watered this winter, but maybe I under watered this spring? Not sure what the withering means.

I'm at a loss. I thought I was doing great and now I'm afraid the plant is done.

What I've done:

Pulled all dead/dying leaves

Fertilize within first week of being outdoors and then once a month

pulled plant to check roots and repotted in cactus/ perlite/ vermiculite blend

pulled my hair out as nothing has helped :/

Any help would be appreciated! Please and Thank You!!!

Comments (10)