SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwb1999

Ramblings about finishes and Omega Dynasty whites

Kate Blanchard
8 years ago

Hi everyone,

I had thought we were in the home stretch in terms of deciding our kitchen finishes but find myself stumped in settling on a Omega Dynasty white cabinet. Here are our proposed finishes:

Backsplash: Mission Stone and Tile 3 x 9 raised edge subway in Vento Gray

Counters: Santa Margherita quartz in Zenit for all counters or just perimeter with Vadara Calacatta Blanco on island (it's a quartz that imitates Calacatta marble; looks great on the sample but need to see a larger piece)

Island cabinets (and possibly perimeter lowers): Omega Dynasty Smokey Hills on Renner cabinet

Upper cabinets, refrigerator cabinet, double oven cabinet, pantry cabinet (and possibly perimeter lowers if we don't do Smokey Hills): Some sort of white. This is where I am stumped. Pure White is too stark. Magnolia is more gray than white (though it goes nicely with Smokey Hills). Pearl is ok but not quite right. We didn't see the Oyster at the showroom, though I have a photo. Is Oyster the best bet or too yellow? We found a Cloud White from another cabinet maker, and that seems right on. I can have Omega custom match the Cloud White but would like to avoid the upcharge. Or I could go back to the drawing board, go with the Pearl cabinets and do a custom color island in navy or something? I've lost all decision-making abilities...

1. Proposed finishes. Omega pearl cabinet on top, Cloud white from another maker on right.

1. Omega whites: Oyster on top, Cloud white (from another maker) in the middle, Pearl on the bottom:

Comments (22)