SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nehome

HolidayKitchen Cabinets vs Dynasty/Omega

nehome
10 years ago

Anyone have opinion on how these two cabinet lines compare for a white painted finish? I have 2 fairly similar plans and the cost difference is about $5K. I've realized I need to clarify some of the details for the Dynasty/Omega quote (for example whether or not finished end panels and light rails were included) but that should not be significant.

I explored Dynasty/Omega because I knew the lower cabs for an island might need to be less than the standard 24" However, after reading the lengthy post about Omega failing finishes I'm feeling a little skittish on that cabinet line. I thought Holiday would price out similar but $5K is a big jump. However the Holiday website promotes their Master Finish that provides "maximum resistance to scuffing, dents, moisture, and household chemicals or agents." Maybe Omega's finish is just as good but they have poor quality control and some bad finishes slipped through the cracks ? However if a manufacturer has a quality finish process in place I'm not sure how some cabs could be good and others have finish failure. Was there ever any explanation as to why there was a finish failure with those complaints? Has anyone stopped selling Omega because of finish problems? Not sure if I should get another quote from another line but each plan and quote takes so long!!!

Comments (6)