SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

Omega Dynasty vs Dynasty II Doors...and...wood vs wood veneer

Buehl
16 years ago

B/c of budget issues (too long to go into right now), we are considering changing door styles rather than drastically modifying our kitchen's planned layout [high labor costs :-O ]

Right now, we are planning on the Omega Dynasty/Embassy Artesia door in cherry wood w/Mandarin Orange stain and coffee glaze. I have looked long and hard for a combination that I really like (love!). BUT, if it's b/w the door and not changing our current layout (very little prep space/not enough room for 2 people) then I'd rather change the door and/or wood.

Dynasty II has a door style similar to the Artesia...Anson. What it doesn't have is the raised center panel. Yes, I much prefer the raised panel but since the majority of my kitchen will be drawers and the drawers are the same, I am willing to sacrifice the center panel on the few doors I will have. (4 on the cooktop wall, one over the refrigerator and ovens, and possibly 2 flanking the sink; 2 doors on the cooktop side will have glass). Yes, glass is expensive but my KD did say that I need something to break up that wall b/c my kitchen is long and narrow. Plus, we can live w/o glass in the doors for awhile...we'll buy that later.

However....there is one construction detail that differs b/w the Dynasty & Dynasty II....the center panel. In Dynasty, it's solid wood the same as the rest of the door. However, in Dynasty II, it has a furniture veneer center panel. What difference will that make? Will it still take the stain & glaze the same as the solid wood? Is there something else I should be aware of?

Your help and comments is greatly appreciated!!!!!

TIA!

Hmmmm...how difficult do you think it would be for us (rather than contractor) to demolish a non-load bearing wall section and move a heating/AC duct from the demolished area to another wall section along the same wall (DR doorway is b/w the wall sections)? The basement below the wall is unfinished & the heating/AC duct leads to our MBR above the wall.

Comments (9)