SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

Anyone losing baby mango's because of these incessantly high winds ?

jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Just checked out my small " plantation " of six mango trees. They all are well established, 7 to 25 ft tall and in the ground anywhere from 4 to 6 years. The pannicles sprouted a bit late this season, but only a bit,...showing up in late December thru mid January. Everything looked fine early, olive sized fruits all over each tree four weeks ago. Now four ( 4 ) trees are almost bare, the 20 ft tall Glenn is doing better, but it has lost around 30 % of it's hanging fruits which were approaching egg size. The best looking tree is the Pickering, which doesn't look like it's lost hardly any mango's, but it's planted in a very protected spot, - the high winds can't easily get to it.

It all looks so barren back there now and the only culprit I can blame is these almost constant high winds we have been getting daily for last two months or more hereabouts, - anywhere from 15 mph to 30 mph, gusting back & forth, up and down,..ENOUGH ALREADY ! ( smile )

Sure they die down occasionally but fifteen minutes later they zoom back up again. DAMN !!! Anyone else out there experiencing the same thing ?

Looks like I'll soon be spouting the old Brooklyn Dodgers lament,..." Wait'll next year ! "

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH