SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littleboxesonthehillside

Bosch 300 and/or 500 series compact washer and ventless dryer

littleboxesonthehillside
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have a compact Bosch washer and vented dryer in an alcove of my bathroom. The units were here when I moved in over 10 years ago, and they have performed well. The dryer is stacked on a wooden shelf about a foot above the washer (see pic). The panel for the water main is in the space between the two units. The problem is that the dryer sticks out about 2 inches too far from the back wall. The door to the entrance of the bathroom, which swings in, hits the dryer. So, the door to the bathroom can't be opened fully. (You won't see it in the photo because I've since taken it off it's hinges.) I've lived with this for 10 years, and I'm over it! The dryer is maybe 10 inches from the ceiling, perched on its shelf, and it's impossible to get behind it to inspect the venting. When I blindly stick a camera back there to snap a few shots, I can see that there is plastic covered tubing that runs from the dryer to the wall (and ultimately out of the building). I thought about replacing this flexible tubing with flatter, less wide tubing, but I can't imagine how this could be done with less flexible material and given the access challenges of the tight space. Thus, I am now considering purchasing a new ventless Bosch (e.g., the 300 or 500 series). I'm wondering if going ventless will enable me to push the dryer closer to the back wall by 2 or more inches, thereby solving my bathroom door problem. Do any of you have either the Bosch 300 or 500 ventless dryer? If so, can you tell me the depth it protrudes from the wall when you factor in the drainage tubes, wiring, etc? I'd like to stick with Bosch - or another reputable brand that can be easily serviced as necessary. I have ruled out Blomberg, which I understand makes a shallower model, for this reason. (If you have a current LG, GE or other big name ventless unit presently on the market, with which you've been pleased, I would welcome your depth to wall dimensions, as well.) Thanks to anyone that actually reads this and can offer their true dimensions or other suggestions!!

Comments (6)