SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
househunter2421

One cushion or two for 9-foot window seat?

Honu3421
8 years ago

I have been lurking on this site for many many months and learning a lot - so many of you are so astute about color and design! Today I venture out of lurkdom to ask for your help on this cushion dilemma. Our window seat is being installed today and we need to decide if we will install a single cushion or two cushions on the seat. 9 feet just seems too long for one cushion but I am not sure about the aesthetics of two cushions. And if the cushion covers roll off the corners (sorry, there must be a better way of putting that) will two cushions always look slightly off or different from each other? That would drive me crazy. I've read here that the cushion should be wrapped and I will definitely look into having that done. But is that fool proof for avoiding the rolling that always happens on DH's side? The window seat is going between the two hutches. Oh yeah, DH still needs to refinish that middle leaf in the table. It's usually covered by a triangular table cloth. Also, this is not a banquette. There is plenty of space between the table and window seat that may not be apparent in the photo.

Comments (10)