SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

Anna Olivier and Lady Roberts

jacqueline9CA
8 years ago

I am so excited! Two years ago at the Open Garden sale at the rose garden in the Sacramento Historic Cemetery, I bought Lady Roberts, which is a darker color sport of the tea rose Anna Olivier. I have several Anna Olivier bushes in my garden, including the original one, which we are guessing was planted in the 1920s at the latest.

Anyway, last year my new baby plant put out just a few blooms. The first ones were white, and then the next ones looked exactly like Anna Olivier. So, I thought I might have gotten Anna Olivier by mistake. Well, the purported LR bush has just produced its first two blooms of this season. It might be hard to tell in the pictures, but I can tell by looking at them that they are NOT Anna Olivier, so they must be Lady Roberts! So happy. I realize that both of these roses are very variable in color, but I am very used, over many years, to seeing every single color variation AO can produce, and this is not one of them. So happy! I can't wait to see what Lady Roberts will do next-

Jackie

taken today - Anna Olivier:

taken today - Lady Roberts:

Comments (4)