SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dellonb

New Home - Tall Fescue Lawn - HELP

dellonb
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I just sold my home which was sodded with TIFSPORT Bermuda. I have lived by the Bermuda Bible for the last 5 years. My new home has a sodded and irrigated front and back yard. The sod type is Tall Fescue. The sod has been in place for over a year while the builder had the home on the market and it appears the sod has not been cared for. I live in SE Virginia. I used a generic weed and feed 2 weeks ago on the yard. I am planning to overseed the yard this weekend in hopes to get this yard in shape. My question(s) are, what is the ideal mow height, and does it vary based on tempertures and month? Irrigation, is it 1" per week with a deep watering? Pre and post emergent, when and what? Fertilizer, when and what? I have used an organic fertilizer program in the past on my Bermuda. I also am accustom to cycling the grass clippings (not bagging them), should I be doing anything different on the tall fescue? Here are a few photos of the lawn right now, as well as my weekend project for overseeding.

Comment (1)