SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

2016 Cascade Complete Dishwasher powder

larsi_gw
8 years ago

So I have officially reserved the Cascade Fryer Boil Out for just deep cleaning my stainless Miele Vent Hood filters. Myself, like Alex think Boil Out is dreadful on dishes. Luckily, it works great for Mama (and it is phenomenal for my Vent Hood filters).

I was at the grocery store yesterday, and saw this big box of Cascade Complete. I know the last time I used it must have been around 2008, when it was reformulated..and it was dreadful. Before that, Cascade powder is all that was used by myself and my family from the 1970's until about 2008.

Maybe P&G reformulated or they snuck in phosphates...but it WORKED, and it worked well last night!!

I filled the main reservoir and added a little to the pre-wash reservoir (as the instructions said to do). I used Sensor wash (which is almost like Normal). I added no extras...no soak, no prewash, no extended wash.

EVERYTHING came out perfectly shiny, smooth, clean and awesome. I had an All-Clad stainless pot that I cooked cheesy, broccoli rice in and an oatmeal pot...Flawless! Drinking glasses were spotless and gleaming and silverware looked polished.

So now I have Somat 10, Cascade Platinum pods and good ol' fashioned Cascade Complete powder!! Yipeeeee!! It was super cheap too, and the box is big and it smells great (but nothing in the dishwasher had any scent when complete).

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!