SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

2/20/16: To your mom, best products & life's tips & plants & recipes

strawchicago z5
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This post is dedicated to your Mom, what are the things which remind you of her? How she influenced you? Thanks.

I'm done with antibiotics for my pneumonia (from flu-shot reaction). Chest still hurt & still cough. Very excited to find this in Scientific American journal .. already ordered Culturelle (with L. Rhamnosus GG):

" Lee Morrow, an associate professor of medicine at Creighton and lead author of the study, along with his colleagues administered a solution containing the human intestinal probiotic bacteria, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG or a placebo to 138 critically ill patients on ventilators. The study was designed so that neither patients nor care providers knew which group received probiotics. The patients received treatment twice daily and were monitored routinely for the presence of pneumonia-causing pathogens. The researchers observed that probiotic treatment reduced the number of cases of pneumonia by nearly half."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bacteria-may-protect-against-pneumonia/

Below pic. reminds me of my Mom's compassion for the poor. My sister, the doctor, took that pic. few days ago in her trip to Hmong people in Northern Vietnam. She spent $$$$ on her trip bringing socks, warm clothes to the poor tribes who live in high mountains, where the temp is under 40 F, or 4 C. My Mom would do something about that ... it's compassion in action.

Comments (45)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm