SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

Your favorite products, food & recipes, roses, wise quotes, ideas?

strawchicago z5
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I went Christmas shopping with my kid. Our car sat for a long time in the parking lot, so there's ice inside the windows. The ice-scraper was clumsy in getting the ice off, but my kid's plastic name-tag (for her school) was flexible & faster to scrape the ice formed INSIDE our car.

Burnt a $27 pack (8 lbs.) of pork-ribs tonight !!! So I dug up the right recipe which I posted May 2015:

"Finally got barbecued ribs right: I use Penzey's Northwoods seasoning (has maple syrup) sprinkle that over pork-ribs. Bake at high temp. 400 F or 200 C for 5 min. per 1 pound or 0.4 kg of pork. MAKE SURE TO COVER IT WELL WITH FOIL. Since I have 4 lbs. of ribs I set the oven at 400 F for 20 min. (4 x 5 min = 20).

Then I lowered heat to 250 F or 121 C, cook for 1 hour more, then I take it out, pour barbecue sauce over, re-cover with foil, and bake at 250 F or 121 C for another 15 min. It was really tender & juicy. Barbecue sauce has tomato & sugar, so it burns easily, best cook at the last 15 min.

Total cooking time: 1 hour and 35 min for 4 lb. of fresh ribs. Cooking for 2 hours is better if it's frozen & thawed ribs (has more water)."

Below is an internet pic. of Penzeys spices .. my favorite & low-salt. They have free shipping in winter, same with The Spice House. What are your favorite products, food & recipes, roses, wise quotes, ideas? Thanks and Merry Christmas !!

Comments (51)