SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldhouseco

Would you bother? Vote time ;)

cluelessincolorado
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We have a new to us kitchen and while it's pretty (IMO) there are a few things that drive me crazy. Lack of drawers, double bowl sink, no long stretches of counter, and most importantly NO HOOD - the grease people, the grime! There is not a budget for a major remodel, and I don't think I would undertake another one even if there was. The working part of the kitchen shown below is roughly 127" (cooktop wall) by 144". My ideas were to:

Move the cooktop around the corner where the wall oven is and replace both with a range with hood.

Counters are concrete and are staying, so I'd replace the gap where the cooktop resided with built-in cutting board.

Replace the double bowl apron front sink with a stainless steel apron front single bowl. This one may be problematic.

I'd also like to lower the peninsula table to counter height but that would be a huge battle with every member of my family...

Nothing else can move, but I'm just wondering what you all think, will this make enough of a change to be worth it? I sure would like to have a LOOONG stretch of counter!

Original Kitchen

Moving cooktop, replacing with range

Kitchen now

Moving cooktop, lowering penisula table

Comments (26)