Would This Bother You?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Would this bother you?
Comments (38)Thanks jwillis96. Now I have learned there were 3 problems....bad thermostat wiring, leaks at connection between coil and furnace and at coil and plenum (?) duct. Not giant leaks, but hard to miss if you just hold your hand there for a second...and burned grass where they drained the water heater. At least they are fixing their mistakes. snidley...would you give them a recommendation?? :) None of these are earth shaking, they all seem to be a lack of care and concern. I'm not even thinking they were too lazy for the wire now, I think it was just that they didn't THINK about it and didn't double check it...(doing it by habit I think) Salesman claims he is waiting to hear from mgt about the stat. Hopefully he mentions the air leakage to them as well. (irony...air sealing was part of the package!) I'm not expecting good results at this point. I wonder if the installers will hear about their mistakes? Considering buying the next better stat on ebay and selling this one on there. Considered the IAQ, but not sure how useful it would be since I don't have variable speed, and it is more $$ and different wiring. Did I ever post the grass photo? may as well, the biggest parts of the 2 brown spots are "more" dead now, but the edges near the bottom look a little better. Hubby is a bit anal about keeping grass nice so......See MoreWould this bother you?
Comments (23)Seems like I'm definitely in the minority, but if I had an OTR microwave, once the slight tilt was corrected, this would not bother me in the least. I believe they often do "hang" a bit lower than adjacent cabinets, which may be beneficial in your case just for safety if you are 5'4". Chances are good it was this way in your old kitchen- try to dig up a picture to check. Lack of a range sort of emphasizes the difference at this point. By looking at your second picture, I don't think you could have it flush with the cabinets, even if they were deep. It looks to me like that would interfere with the opening of the microwave door. My kitchen has been done for a few years now, but I definitely do remember being concerned about details that turned out to be insignificant in the long run- it was just my eternal quest for perfection. As long as what you are doing is safe, within code, legal, and aesthetically pleasing to you, try to relax and know that it won't be long now until you can thoroughly enjoy your new space!...See MoreAdvice: Would this bother you?
Comments (35)I am still trying to figure out why Pawprint's insurance company did not handle the matter (estimate of damage, repairs etc.). How does that work? In California your insurance company is your advocate. I use Esurance. In every instance, however minor, we have been assigned a representative who stays with us from being to end. Excellent online communication and excellent updates. The last time I had to use them was in the middle of the night. By that morning I had an appointment to take my car in for an estimate. Their local recommended repair service was top notch about communication. Not only with daily updates and info on anything new they found but also pictures of the work in progress. I was given a detailed list of all parts (including part numbers) used, their cost and a written warranty on the work. My online "agent" was in constant communication also wanting to know if I encountered any problems, had any further questions etc. I did have one problem with a rep who wasn't good at "vehicle speak". That was when she was being lied to by the other driver's insurance. But she handed me up the ladder so it was finally resolved. (see earlier post)...See MoreWould this bother you???
Comments (36)Hey the guys got to go somewhere. When our last house was being built our back yard was private. They watered the dirt until we got a functioning bathroom in the house. I have no problem having workmen using my bathroom. It isn't a sacred shrine. We had 48 trees cut and ground out of current home and had at least 20 girls and guy workers for 3 days. We have a bathroom right inside the garage and told them it was theirs to use. I just put in a big roll of paper towels in it. Also gave them use of the garage fridge and also stock it with water for them. One of the first things I tell workers is where the bathrooms are and to feel free to use them....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

WINDOW TREATMENTSSmall Luxuries: Motorized Window Coverings Offer Benefits to All
Free yourself from the mess of cords and the bother of blind rods. Motorized blinds and drapes make managing natural light easy
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSCool Tip: Mimic Stain With a DIY Color Wash
Get the look of an oil-based stain without all the bother, using this easy wash made with paint
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZShop Houzz: Warm Coral and Sparkling Sea Blue
Threatening skies won’t bother you a bit when you’re bunked down in your coastal-inspired retreat
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ10 Truly Irritating Things Your Partner Does in the Kitchen
Dirty dishes, food scraps in the sink — will the madness ever stop?
Full Story
FRUIT TREESHow to Grow Your Own Juicy Plums
Easier than other stone fruits and with a variety of colors to choose from, plums are a versatile garden addition
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROSGo Beyond the Basics When Interviewing Architects
Before you invest all that money and time, make sure you and your architect are well matched beyond the obvious levels
Full Story
LAUNDRY ROOMSMake a Clean Break With Laundry Chaos
Bins and bags, sorters and other storage — we've got several loads' worth of ways to keep your laundry neat
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESGreat Design Plant: Rosa Banksiae a Low-Maintenance Beauty
This thornless, disease- and insect-resistant rose brings showers of white or yellow flowers to the spring garden
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESTop 10 Solutions for Architectural Peeves
Cavelike hallways, immovable shutters, poorly proportioned doors ... avoid these and other common gaffes with these renovation solutions
Full StorySponsored

User