SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ewininger90

Wait until Spring Rebates or Purchase HVAC now?

ewininger90
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have a Comfortmaker 3 ton Condenser and an 80% 100,000 btu Comfortmaker furnance from 2000 original to house. I was told that the Condenser is seriously rusted at the time of the last maintenance. We recharged the Comfortmaker Condenser in Spring 2015 but coils froze by August 2015. I would like to replace the furnace and condenser. These units serve the ground floor of a 2 story house. Total square footage (both floors) is around 4500 feet here in New Jersey. Questions:

1) Should I wait until the Spring rebates start to get quotes (March 15th) or get quotes now (i.e. Carrier Cool Cash Rebate usually starts March 15th)?

2) Do I have to use the same model Condenser as my 2nd floor unit? (American Standard Platinum XM Multi-staged 4 Ton 18 SEER Condenser with Gold SV 80 AUFE 100,000 BTU dual stage furnace in the attic serve 2nd floor installed June 2014)

3) We've had some really cold winters in NJ. Is the furnace condensate line safe from freezing in the winter in a basement system or should I elect for a 80% furnace?

4) Is there a minimum distance from dryer vent? The Comfortmaker 3 ton Condenser is about 4 feet away.

Comments (4)