SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redphoenix2k1

Converting my living room into a laundry area (Need help!)

redphoenix2k1
8 years ago

Good morning everyone! We have a 15x11 dining room that has 5ft french doors going into a 15x12 formal living room. First off, the formal living is never used. Actually its only purpose is to hold our China cabinet and my bumper pool table.

Currently our laundry setup is in our 20x24 garage (like a lot of Florida single story homes), which is a major issue to me since the garage is my work shop. We are trying to see how we can convert the most useless room in our house to something worthwhile to us.

The dining room is OK sized to us, but it could use a few more feet in the width area. The wall between the DR and LR is not a load bearing wall and we are strongly considering to knock it down and combine the DR/LR into one room.

There is zero plumbing on any of the 4 walls, however we had our house repiped and we can easily get the feed piping to where we need it. For the drain, I was looking at the Zoeller 105-0001 to help with that and feed it back to the original drain in the garage.

My main issue now I think is how to get the W/D and laundry pump to look like it belongs in this room??? We are entertaining the idea of a cabinet setup so it looks closer to furniture or making a separate closet within that room that hides everything all together (drywall, bifold doors. However it may look like it closes off the room.

If anyone can offer some suggestions on how they would attack this problem, I am all ears!

Comments (3)