SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandyscherer

Warm white cabinets - show me your backsplash please!

farmdrmer
8 years ago

We have SW Alabaster on our perimeter cabinets, a warm white. Trim and ceilings are SW Pure White, which is one shade whiter than cabinets.

I'd like a simple backsplash, preferably a 2x4 ceramic glazed subway tile. However, I'm having a heck of a time finding one that will work. The standard white tiles are too white and make the cabinets look yellow. I've found a Jeffrey Court 3x6 subway tile in Crisp Linen that matches the cabinets and looks very nice, but it doesn't come in the 2x4 size. I'm wondering if a plain 3x6 subway that matches cabinets is too boring? Or I should keep it simple, I do like simple and we have plenty of focus already with the island and glass uppers?

I know many of you have warm white cabinets - what did you find that would work for your backsplash tile? I could use some inspiration, thanks so much!

Kitchen photos - trim not painted yet

Jeffrey court tile on left, a Sonoma tile on right that would have worked but at $36 sq ft plus custom install more than I want to pay

Jeffrey court tile on right, sample of a 1x3 pattern and the color on left but I think that small may be too busy

Comments (30)