SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy2learn

Please show me photos of your Fire and Ice Backsplashes!

happy2learn
12 years ago

Hi. I have been searching for just the right backsplash tile for 6 months (and have posted questions here about it,too.)I finally thought I was going to go with subway tiles, then I brought home a sample board of Fire and Ice just for the heck of it. Lo and behold--it looked drop-dead gorgeous with my honey-spice maple cabinets and harvest cream granite (it has a light greyish cream background with lots of grey streaks and a little bit of some light peachy streaks, and garnet flecks.)It seemed to tie all the colors together in such a beautiful way--as if they were meant for each other, lol. I was surprised that it didn't seem to fight with my busy granite. I guess it is strong enough in color and design, but in a diffent enough way, to complement, rather than compete with the granite. However, I am a bit nervous of commiting to such a permanent, strong color and design statement, on the wall. If you have Fire and Ice, would you mind showing me photos to help me see the overall effect? Any regrets? I know it comes in a 2 X 2 also. Does anyone have one of those? I've never seen one in a photo. Does it clean well? Do you think it will put you in a "pattern trap" later if you want to change your color scheme or design style? (My kitchen is open to both the family room and the dining room.) Or do you think it is neutral enough? Do you think it is too contemporary for a country style kind of kitchen? Thanks so much.

Signed,

Afraid to Commit (LOL)

Comments (10)