SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mo142

requesting kitchen plan review

mo142
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi - I posted a floor plan on here some time back, but have now revised the kitchen quite a bit. Attached is the current version of the kitchen. I'd appreciate any feedback on how to improve it!

About us: we're a family of 5 living in the country. We're building a 3500 sf home on land we already own. The main reason we're building is so we have room to entertain more (our current home is little bitty), but our guests will mainly be family and kids' friends, who are currently elementary aged. I'm the only cook in the family; my husband comes to the kitchen mainly for coffee or cocktails, so the bar is for him.

My vision: I want the kitchen/dining to be a comfortable place to hang out, like an old-fashioned farm kitchen, but I'd like the look to be more modern than rustic/country. We are in a rural area where there are few new homes and home values are under $100k--as a result, we do not feel any pressure to have a showy home to impress others. We just want it to be to our liking. We'll probably buy quartz countertops and custom cabinetry, but we'll likely get appliances from Lowe's, because that's nice enough for us and we'll be able to get them repaired if needed (vs. more upscale appliances that our local people have never seen before).

On the attached drawing, top is north. Overall, the kitchen/dining is 21' from the back of the bar to the back of the range, and 24' wide from back of sink to deck. We will have a pretty view to the east from the deck, and our architects have made most of the east side of our house windows.

Thank you!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor