SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsey_ca

Regifting -- a twist

Lindsey_CA
8 years ago

There have been discussions about regifting, and there have been discussions about gift cards. This involves both.

My younger sister is disabled and her only income is SSI. She is very low income. Older sis and I (and our husbands and extended families) know that younger Sis doesn't have money to spend on gifts, and we always tell her not to get us anything. But, it makes her feel better to be able to give a gift, so we have quit trying to make her stop.

Younger Sis gets gift cards for people. They are usually for $5 or $10 dollars. An extra $5 or $10 can come in handy and, besides, it's the thought that counts, not the amount spent. The problem, however, is that Sis buys gift cards to places that SHE likes to shop, rather than gift cards to stores where the recipients like to shop. Her favorite place to shop is Bath & Body Works. Older Sis and I both do not like anything that B&BW sells and the only time either of us goes into one is to buy something for younger Sis that she has on her wish list for her birthday or Christmas. So, I got a new gift card holder for a gift card younger Sis had given me, and I gave it to her for Christmas as one of her gifts. She was thrilled and has no idea that it's the same card she had previously given to me.

Anyone else have a funny regifting story?

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996