SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

How much is too much ?

signet_gw(6b)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have been visiting various daylily websites and am gobsmacked at some of the prices people are asking for a double fan or heaven forbid a single fan of a certain daylilies. I guess there must be people out there with lots of money to throw away but I personally think asking $350 for a daylily is way out of line and that is not the most expensive that I have seen .

I recently saw one for $700 a single fan and another for $500 for a single fan. I mean ,is it me ? are people really that gullible ? I really REALLY like daylilies and grow about 1200 different cultivars and about 1000 seedlings at the moment but I think over the 10 years I have been collecting daylilies that the hybridizers have gone nuts and are just being a tad ridiculous .

I know l I know, some will say it is supply and demand but for me I cringed the one time I paid $100 for a double fan of Angel's Smile. I thought to myself ....."you are freaking nuts to pay that kind of money for a plant!!" That was the one and only time I have ever paid or will ever pay for a daylily. Never again . Patience is a virtue they say and that certainly applies to daylilies ......many if not most drop dramatically within 2 years and you don't have to take out second mortgage on your house to put a plant in the garden outside it .

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH