SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnar1957

Bread machine cookbook recommendations?

donnar57
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My grown daughter was given a used bread machine by my parents -- still in its box, all the pieces including the instruction booklet (which came with a few recipes). She has been trying it out and has absolutely fallen in love with it. I guess she bakes homemade bread every few days.

For Christmas, I am going to give her a jar of yeast, little bag of powdered milk, and a box of bread bags and ties for her stocking stuffer gifts. Any other ideas that I could tuck in her stocking? She already has a good set of dry ingredient measuring cups and spoons.

I gave her copies of all of my favorite bread machine recipes, particularly the recipe that I use for sweet roll dough, and the one for basic white bread and rolls (it's a light recipe that uses applesauce instead of oil or butter).

I would like to get her a good book of bread machine recipes. Years ago, Bread Machine Magic was the go-to book that I used, and still use. However, with all the advances in bread machines, perhaps there is a newer one out there. They like the basic breads -- wheat bread, white bread, and occasional sweet breads.

Thank you in advance for any ideas,

Donna

Comments (8)