SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkansas_girl

bread machine issues, need some input

arkansas girl
12 years ago

OK so I found an Oster 2 lb expressbake at Kohl's for about $10..yeah bargain of the year...HA! So the first loaf I made from the book that comes with it cooked up perfectly but I didn't care for the taste too much, it was the 2 lb 100% whole wheat bread. So I got that big fancy cookbook called The Bread Lover's Bread Machine cookbook that everyone raves about. But when I tried that recipe(100% WW) it flopped, or did not rise. Tried a different recipe from another book and it didn't rise. I made the old recipe from the beginning from the manual and it was perfect. Since then the only recipes that work are the manual recipes...no other recipe rises. So I'm thinking of just using it for kneading the dough so what do I do. On the whole wheat setting, it gets to a point where it beeps a bunch of times to take it out before baking but then what do I need to do with the dough, do I have to shape it and cover it and let it rise more or what? I keep seeing people say to just use the bread machine for dough kneading but they assume you know what to do with it after that...HA! I do not! And since it won't rise in the bread machine, why would it rise if I take it out? What's the difference? Could someone please clarify this for me?

Comments (18)