SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhbabs

nursery gift certificate sales

NHBabs z4b-5a NH
8 years ago

Some mail order nurseries I buy from have sales on gift certificates at this time of year, and I thought it might be of use to folks to hear about them. I sometimes get them for myself as a way to stretch my plant-buying dollars, or they can be useful for someone who is lost on what to buy for a plant lover. They also help a small business by bringing in business during a time when they typically have little in the way of income.

Bluestone says: "* Special Discount for Holiday Gift Giving! Our gift certificates are 10% off and are sure to warm the heart of any gardener. " They don't give a specific end date that I can find. There is the option of email or postal mail for the gift certificate. Plants tend to be small, but grow well IME. They also have sales, and so the gift certificate in conjunction with a sale can make purchases quite reasonable.

Hallson Gardens says, "For the entire month of December, all gift certificate purchases will receive a 20% bonus, added on after your purchase is completed. Just place your gift certificate order online before January 1st, 2016, and we will add a 20% bonus to the certificate following its activation. Please allow 24 hours for the gift certificate to be active and show your bonus. Buy a $50 certificate and we will make it $60 or buy a $100 certificate and it will become $120!" They note that they won't expire. I haven't actually bought from them (they carry hostas and other perennials) but they have a great reputation on Garden Watchdog.

Avant Gardens says: "Save on Gift Certificate orders. Enter Promo Code SAVE10 at checkout and get 10% off all gift certificate purchases now through Dec.21st. The gift card can be sent in paper form the old fashioned way or electronically, either directly to you or to the recipient." They offer a wide range of less common plants, beautifully grown and packed well for shipping. They also have some days that they are open for visiting and purchasing, but they aren't always open for buying on site.

How's that for enabling? If anyone else knows of similar sales, please add.

Comment (1)