SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
picturebug

Use of a gift certificate-is this typical

picturebug
7 years ago

I was given a 1 hour massage gift certificate for my B-day about 4 months ago. It came at a busy time so I held off using it till now. So when I texted the masseuse- per instructions, she said she's only open on Wednesdays and if the weathers bad then the appointment gets moved to Saturday. So I text back and said I'm flexible on any day of the week & time. She never texts back. I call and leave a voicemail. She finally returns my call and says her next available time is 4 months from now because she has regular customers she has to serve and hold times for. So, I said, OK with the appointment 4 months from now, even tho it comes at a peak time at work for me (and she knows it). So, does she only want to sell gift certificates and not honor them, or discourage new customers, or just make life difficult for me? Should I tell the gift giver what's going on?

Ironically I'm not big on gift certificates. I had bought a gift package for a nail salon (about $100) and when the recipient went to use it they said they'd changed ownership and weren't honoring any of the gift cards.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus