SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bcskye

Haven't Been Online A Lot

bcskye
8 years ago

But I do jump on every once in a while to see what's new. As a lot of you know, my husband has been battling stage 4 skin cancer. He's had eight surgeries in the last year. The last one was on his birthday, July 6. They took off his right ear, down through the ear canal and through the skull because they found tumors on the dura of his brain. He started having what we thought was cold, but about two weeks ago he started coughing up blood. Naturally, it was just a "bad cold" to him. I finally got him to go with me to the VA hospital when I had an appointment last Weds. And they kept him in his clinic forever doing tests and x-rays. Well, he's been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer now and we don't know how long he has. The doctor just told him to not go home and commit suicide - that's what so many do. There's always hope. He also told him to get all his affairs in order as quickly as possible. The cough is horrendous and he hasn't been able to eat much of anything since his last surgery. My time on Gardenweb will be very limited for a good while, but I will be lurking when I can to keep up. Annie, I hope Ashley is doing well. She and your family are in my prayers and I'm sending all of you positive thoughts.

Comments (19)